AGC supplied glass for the construction of 11 stadiums that are hosting the World Cup
The 2018 World Cup is in full swing. For host country Russia, as well as for AGC Glass Europe, this represents a great achievement: eight years of extensive preparations; 12 stadiums, of which 11 are glazed with AGC products; and various other facilities featuring AGC glass.
Any large-scale sporting event involves thousands of people and hundreds of major construction and manufacturing companies. As part of the World Cup preparations in Russia, AGC supplied glass for over 30 sites that were built or remodelled specifically for the event. AGC supplied glass for the construction of 11 stadiums that are hosting the World Cup games. All these sites have been upgraded to comply with applicable standards and sporting event regulations introduced by FIFA. At the same time, the stadiums preserved their unique local character and atmosphere and the selected AGC glazing solutions helped in doing so.
Both the opening ceremony and the final game take place at the national Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow. For the event, the stadium was completely revamped using AGC’s energy saving glass Planibel Top N+T on Clearvision. Moreover, the site’s design is heavily accented by Planibel Clearvision, a highly transparent low-iron glass selected for its aesthetic qualities and deployed in the façades, interiors and VIP lounges. In total, AGC delivered 6,000 m2 of glass for the exterior façade and 2000 m2 for interior walls and lounges.
Over 100,000 m2 of AGC glass has been produced for other sites involved in this global event, including hotels, airports and other sports facilities across the country. The glass solutions selected include solar control, energy saving, laminated and decorative glass products.
List of newly constructed and remodelled facilities using AGC glass:
* Zenit Arena in Saint Petersburg: VIP zone features Stopsol Phoenix Azur solar control glass, all indoor rooms use Pyropane fire-resistant safety glazing
* Stadium in Nizhny Novgorod and Samara Arena in Samara: façade uses Energy NT, iplus Energy N and Planibel Top N+T
* Mordovia Arena in Saransk and Kazan Arena in Kazan: Stopsol Phoenix Grey solar control glass for the façade
* Fisht Stadium in Sochi: tinted Planibel Azur and Stopsol Phoenix Azur solar control glass for the façade
* Spartak Stadium in Moscow: tempered laminated assembly of Planibel Clearvision and Stopsol Phoenix Bronze solar control glass
* Ekaterinburg Arena in Ekaterinburg: laminated multifunctional Stratobel iplus Energy N and iplus Energy NT as well as Lacobel decorative glass for interior design.
* Volgograd Arena in Volgograd and Rostov Arena in Rostov-on-Don: energy-saving glass in laminated assemblies using Stratobel Clear and Stratobel Top N+ respectively
Nine hotels and apartment hotels in N. Novgorod, Samara, Saransk, Rostov-on-Don, Moscow and Ekaterinburg:
* The Sheraton Hotel in Nizhny Novgorod uses Stopray Neo (multifunctional glass)
* Hotel Hampton by Hilton in Nizhny Novgo uses Stopray Vision 50T (multifunctional glass), Stopray Bluevision 50T and Stopray Bluevision 50T (multifunctional glass)
* Hotel Lotte in Samara is glazed with iplus Energy NT (multifunctional glass)
* The Marriott in Rostov is glazed with Energy Light (new generation multifunctional glass)
* The Azimut Hotel in Moscow is built with iplus Energy Plus T (multifunctional glass)
* The Lights Aparthotel in Ekaterinburg uses Stopsol Phoenix Clear (solar control glass)
* The Radius Aparthotel in Ekaterinburg is glazed with Stopsol Phoenix Clear (solar control glass), Stopray Vision 50T (multifunctional glass),
* The Harlequin Aparthotel in Ekaterinburg uses Stopsol Phoenix Clear (solar control glass)
Four international airports and the main railway station in Nizhny Novgorod have also been upgraded with AGC glass:
* Strigino airport in Nizhny Novgorod: Stopray Vision 50T (multifunctional glass)
* Saransk airport in Saransk: Stopray Vision 36T (multifunctional glass)
* Control towers of Rostov-on-Don airport: Stopray Vision 60T (multifunctional glass), Stratophone 66.2 Clearsight (anti-glare glass in a laminated acoustic assembly), Stratophone (acoustic glass)
* Volgograd airport: Stratobel Top N+ (energy saving glass in a laminated assembly), Stratophone (acoustic glass)
* Railway station of Nizhny Novgorod: Stopray Vision 50T (multifunctional glass)