OSRAM SYLVANIA showcased the latest in lighting solutions and controls at Greenbuild International Conference and Expo 2014, offering a diverse portfolio that blends innovation and energy savings.
Committed to shaping the future of light, North American lighting leader OSRAM SYLVANIA showcased the latest in lighting solutions and controls at Greenbuild International Conference and Expo 2014, the world’s largest conference and expo dedicated to green building, which took place from October 22-24, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
“In this new era of light, we are thinking beyond energy efficiency to the greater value our lighting technologies can offer businesses and consumers,” said Jenn Dolin, manager of sustainability and environmental affairs at OSRAM SYLVANIA and candidate for the US Green Building Council (www.usgbc.org) 2015 Board of Directors in the Large Manufacturer category. “The future of light is a combination of the energy savings customers expect along with dynamic and intelligent lighting innovations that improve their quality of life.”
OSRAM SYLVANIA displayed a diverse portfolio of lighting solutions that blend innovation and energy savings, including:
– OSRAM LIGHTIFY Smart Connected Lighting Ecosystem – LIGHTIFY brings the future of intelligent lighting into your home with light controlled by a mobile app. LIGHTIFY offers flexibility, color, excitement and emotion, all with low power consumption LED systems.
– Traxon Cove Lighting – A sleek family of linear LED products that models efficient simplicity, the Traxon cove lighting portfolio is ideal for decorative or ambient lighting applications. The Traxon cove family of products offers highly energy and cost-efficient alternatives to cold cathode or linear fluorescent systems.
– ENCELIUM Lighting Management Systems – ENCELIUM by OSRAM is a scalable lighting control system that enables owners to elevate the cost effectiveness and occupant experience of their lighting spaces with just a click of the mouse. Featuring new wireless capabilities, ENCELIUM systems enable owners to manage their lighting in spaces where control wiring is difficult to install or maintain. This latest enhancement produces additional flexibility for owners to comply with local building codes, reduce their lighting energy consumption by as much as 75 percent, and qualify for several points toward LEED certification.
– ULTRA PRO and ULTRA PRO HD PAR LED lamps – Available in PAR20, PAR30, PAR30LN and PAR38 configurations, these lamps provide superior beam characteristics compared to other LED lamps. Designed to match the smooth distribution and soft edges of halogen lamps, the high center beam candlepower can put the focus on important merchandise or artwork, while the edges of the beam blend gently to enhance the display. These high performance LED lamps are dimmable down to 5 percent and deliver up to 86 percent energy savings over the halogen lamps they replace.
– ULTRA A19 Omnidirectional LED Lamps – Newly designed, energy-efficient LED replacements for 40 and 60-watt incandescent lamps, new ULTRA A19 LED lamps feature a unique light pipe for superior light distribution, achieving truly even, smooth illumination. Dimmable down to 10 percent, these lamps can be used in many applications where an omnidirectional, dimmable light source is needed, in both homes and businesses. They provide up to 85 percent energy savings, have a rated life of up to 25,000 hours (L70), and are available in 2700K and 5000K color temperatures.
– ULTRA HE T8 LED lamps – Energy saving LED replacements for T8 fluorescent lamps, ULTRA HE T8 lamps combine innovative optical and mechanical design features to achieve a light distribution pattern that reduces lumen loss. The reduction in energy consumption offers a 35 percent energy savings over traditional fluorescent lamps.
– SubstiTUBE IS T8 LED lamps – Engineered to operate on existing instant start electronic ballasts, these shatterproof T8 LED lamps contain no mercury, and provide instant light, uniform light distribution and energy savings up to 35 percent. Because the SubstiTUBE IS LED T8 lamp is not affected by switching cycles, occupancy or vacancy sensors can now be installed with the existing instant start ballasts for optimal energy savings. Due to their long 50,000 hour (L70) rated life, these lamps also reduce maintenance and lamp recycling costs.
In addition to these products, OSRAM SYLVANIA was featured in a live integrated EMerge Alliance display. OSRAM SYLVANIA is a founding member of the EMerge Alliance, an organization dedicated to creating forward-thinking standards for the highly efficient use of Hybrid AC/DC Microgrids in buildings. OSRAM SYLVANIA has a full portfolio of products that can enable the savings, flexibility and reliability that a distributed DC microgrid system can offer, including the EMerge-registered ENCELIUM lighting control system.