Visitors to the Guardian Industries’ display at GlassBuild America (16-18 September, Atlanta) will find a variety of products and services covering both high performing glass and process efficiencies.
Guardian’s commercial and residential products and services reflect the GlassBuild theme, “Anticipate demand. Plan for growth. Find profitable solutions.” These products highlight advanced energy performance, operational flexibility and more:
· SunGuard® SNX 51/23 glass is designed to meet the most stringent North American energy codes without sacrificing appearance. Triple silver SunGuard SNX 51/23 has a visible light transmission above 50 percent, a solar heat gain coefficient below 0.25, low reflectivity and a neutral blue appearance.
· SunGuard® Spandrel HT glass is designed for North American building façade spandrel applications and offers benefits to both architects and fabricators.
“Our independent Guardian Select® fabricator customers tell us they are growing while working to improve efficiency,” explains Chris Dolan, Director of Marketing, North America. “Guardian’s new SunGuard® Spandrel HT glass provides a solution because the glass is supplied pre-painted and ready for fabrication. The product is available in three commonly specified colors in stock sheet sizes for better cutting optimization.”
This proprietary coating permanently fuses to the glass surface and has the characteristics of a ceramic frit, with increased uniformity, higher opacity and less potential for streaking with a smooth, matte finish. SunGuard Spandrel HT is available in white, warm gray and black in 96 x 130” stock sheet sizes.
· Guardian Glass Visualizer is newly enhanced for visitors to view photorealistic images of buildings with different makeups of Guardian’s high performance, low-E SunGuard® products. Part of the Glass Analytics online suite of tools, the Glass Visualizer guides architects and designers in selecting SunGuard coatings and substrates and evaluating them from outside or inside. The resulting views show how various sky conditions affect glass appearance. This new version also offers a comparison feature.
· Guardian ClimaGuard® glass: Guardian offers two industry-leading residential glass products that help customers meet and exceed energy efficiency standards in North America while providing optimal views and comfort to a home. The two products, designed especially for ENERGY STAR® Version 6.0 Northern Zone criteria, going into effect January 1, 2016, are Guardian ClimaGuard 72/57 low-E glass with a high solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC); and ClimaGuard IS 30 low-E glass, a fourth-surface coating to lower U-factor.
· Guardian ShowerGuard® Low-Iron glass is designed for all types of shower enclosures and uses Guardian’s patented technology that stops glass corrosion before it starts. ShowerGuard Low-Iron glass reduces the greenish cast of standard float glass for enhanced clarity, allowing the design and color of showers and bathrooms to shine through. With its more neutral edge color, ShowerGuard Low-Iron glass is ideal for clear, frameless enclosures. ShowerGuard Registered Dealers benefit by having an option that allows homeowners to improve the overall aesthetics of their bathrooms with a low-iron product.
GlassBuild attendees who sell shower glass can visit Booth 805 to learn how to become a ShowerGuard Registered Dealer. ShowerGuard allows dealers to increase sales and profits by offering a permanent coating that never needs reapplication and providing a limited lifetime warranty.