Vitro Architectural Glass has announced that six of the ten buildings selected by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on the Environment (COTE) as the top sustainable design projects of 2023 don their Solarban® high-performance solar control low-e glass.
Now in its 28th year, the COTE Top Ten Awards has become the industry’s best-known awards program, recognizing innovative projects integrating exemplary performance with compelling design.
“Vitro’s low-e glass being featured in six of the top-10 green building projects of 2023 is a proud moment for us and is a testament to our commitment to providing the most sustainable solutions for building owners,” said Ricardo Maiz, President, Vitro Architectural Glass. “I’d also like to commend our architectural and account managers in these regions. Their hard work and dedication to connecting architects, glass fabricators and glaziers with the best-performing products for their projects is why we’re able to celebrate these honours.”
- Casa Adelante 2060 Folsom (San Francisco, California)
- DPR Sacramento Zero Net Energy Office (Sacramento, California)
- RIDC Mill 19: Buildings A & B (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Watershed (Seattle, Washington)
- Science and Environmental Center (Hillsborough, California)
- North Torrey Pines Living & Learning Neighborhood (San Diego, California)
Four award-winning buildings feature Solarban® 60 glass, which provides year-round comfort for occupants with heating and cooling cost savings.