Challenging Glass is an international bi-annual conference
The next edition of the Challenging Glass Conference will take place 17 and 18 May 2018 at TU Delft in the Netherlands.
Challenging Glass is an international bi-annual conference that aims at gathering world class designers, engineers, researchers and industry partners to discuss on the architectural and structural use of glass.
Previous editions of the Challenging Glass conferences were held in 2016 at Ghent University in Belgium, in 2014 at the EPFL in Switzerland and in 2012, 2010 and 2008 at the TU Delft in The Netherlands.
Challenging Glass 6 will take place 17 and 18 May 2018 at TU Delft in the Netherlands.
Those who would like to present their work in glass at this conference, can submit an abstract of 300-500 words by 22 September 2017 at latest via the
online abstract submission form using the abstract template.
Abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee. If the result is positive, candidates will be invited to submit a full paper and to prepare an oral or poster presentation for the conference.
Key-dates for authors
* Abstract submission deadline – 22 September 2017
* Abstract review notification – 1 November 2017
* Paper submission deadline – 1 January 2018
* Paper review notification – 1 March 2018
* Paper revision deadline – 18 March 2018
* Conference – 17-18 May 2018
* Projects & Case studies
* Joints & Fixings & Adhesives
* Strength & Stability
* Laminated Glass & Interlayer Properties
* Hybrid & Composite Glass Components
* Numerical Modeling & Experimental Validation
* Curved & Bended Glass
* Architectural Design, Geometries & Lighting
* Structural Glass Design Philosophy & Structural Safety
* Insulating Glass Units
* Glass in Facades