ACerS Virtual Glass Summit happens August 3–5, 2020, featuring subject matter experts on glass science. Presenters will share the latest findings of their groundbreaking research to audiences in a virtual setting online.
This online only event is coordinated with the ACerS Glass & Optical Materials Division and will include a number of presentations from their annual meeting, cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Special lectures from the winners of the Stookey Lecture of Discovery, the Norbert J. Kreidl Award for Young Scholars, and the Varshneya Glass Technology award will be presented. View the award lecture details here.
Watch and learn from experts
The technical program features more than 100 presentations in four symposia:
- Fundamentals of the Glassy State
- Glass and Water: Ageing and Degradation of Amorphous Materials
- Optical and Electronic Materials and Devices
- Glass Technology and Cross-Cutting Topics
Top 5 reasons to attend ACerS Virtual Glass Summit
- It’s safe. Even though we can’t meet in person, technology has made it possible to learn about the latest glass research in a safe environment.
- It’s affordable. You won’t have to spend money on airfare, hotel, tips, or meals. And the registration rate is a fraction of the cost of an in-person meeting at $149 USD for ACerS members ($25 USD for students).
- Networking opportunities. You can still network with those in your field or industry online.
- Watch ALL of the sessions you’re interested in. The decision to choose between concurrent sessions is gone. All sessions will be recorded so you can go back and watch the ones you missed on your own time (up to one year).
- More employees can attend. With an affordable registration rate and no travel costs, you can afford to pay for more employees to attend.
Download the schedule here.