The 80th Conference on Glass Problems, taking place 28-31 October 2019 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, is the largest glass manufacturing conference in North America, attracting glass manufacturers and suppliers worldwide to exchange innovations and solutions. In fact, the 2018 event was one of the largest in its history. The Glass Manufacturing Industry Council (GMIC), in partnership with Alfred University, co-organize the conference. The GPC is devoted to the technical issues facing professionals responsible for the successful operations of glass manufacturing companies and features two full days of invited and contributed talks.
For the 2019 edition, the organizers are inviting engineers, educators, students, and solutions providers working with aspects of glass manufacturing to submit an abstract for an oral presentation at this premier industry conference. Broad topics of interest are:
- Glass melting & quality
- Combustion and heat transfer
- Process control, sensors, and Industry 4.0
- Modelling of glass melting and processing
- Raw materials, batching, and recycling
- Forming issues and container customization
- Safety, emissions, environment, and respirable silica
- Carbon reduction, energy management, and electric boosting
- Furnace design and reconstruction
- Furnace life extension and maintenance
- New topics (relevant to glass manufacturing)
Selected oral presentation authors are required to submit a paper for publication in the published proceedings of the conference.
To submit an abstract, just fill in the web-based form at http://glassproblemsconference.org/80th-conference-on-glass-problems-call-for-abstracts/ and submit.
For question, please contact Donna Banks at email@example.com
Deadline for submission of abstracts is 24 January 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST – no exceptions.
Those interested in eserving an exhibit booth or a hospitality booth or salon can contact Mona Thiel (firstname.lastname@example.org).