ATIV (Association of the Italian Glass Technicians) is a non-profit association that aims to promote the technical and scientific knowledge of glassmakers and technicians of the secondary industries (raw materials, furnaces, plants, refractories, machines, …).
ATIV organizes meetings and technical conferences in order to develop and enhance the expertise of the ATIV members, in collaboration with the University Research Centers.
Every year ATIV organizes, with the support and the collaboration of the University of Parma, a National Conference and Training Courses for technicians. Every four years the ATIV International Conference takes place in collaboration with the largest associations in the world and some prestigious trade magazines.
For ATIV International Conference 2020, in addition to the conference, other events and on-site visits will be organized:
- Exhibition of Historic Glasses (Exhibition dedicated to Glass in Perfumery – Artistic Glass coming from other Museums and Foundations)
- Hand and artistic glass processing, with pot furnace and master glassmakers
- Visits to glass companies
- Visits to other companies in the Parma area
The conference will address the following topics:
- Applied glass science
- Glass technology
- Machinery for glass industry
- Glass for architecture
- Special glasses
- Characteristics and measures
- History of glass
- Glass and environment
- Call for abstract opening 15th July 2019
- Call for abstract deadline 22nd December 2019
- Acceptance of abstracts 15th February 2020