For the second year in a row Encirc were crowned British Company of the Year and also took home the Innovative Solution and Strengthening business through people awards while Saint-Gobain Glass won three awards including Rising Star, Health and Safety action and Sustainable Practice alongside Morley Glass & Glazing.
Other winners on the night included Allied Glass, The Armstrong Partnership and The Glass Company.
British Glass CEO, Dave Dalton, said, “It’s no secret that our industry has faced, and is still going through, some difficult times over the last year which makes it all the more special to be able to welcome everybody back to the Glass Focus Awards to celebrate what we have all achieved together in person.
“We have seen some truly remarkable entries this year, from the incredible innovations that allow our industry to continually evolve and the sustainable actions that drive us forward to our goal of reaching net zero carbon emissions, to the beautiful designs that adorn our buildings and bottles, the unrivalled talent of our workforce and everything in between.
“It’s been a pleasure to welcome everybody back to the awards; we are all extremely proud of the achievements of our industry over the last year and we look forward to building on these in the coming year and beyond.”
The full list of winners from the Glass Focus Awards 2021 are:
- Design of the year – container (sponsored by Rockfield): Clean T by Allied Glass
- Design of the year – flat (sponsored by Glass Worldwide): Ubiquitous Energy by The Glass Company
- Innovative solution (sponsored by Glass Technology Services): The world’s most sustainable glass bottle by Encirc
- Health and safety action (sponsored by Arco): Onsite defibrillators by Saint-Gobain Glass
- Strengthening business through people (sponsored by Glass Futures): Ignite programme by Encirc
- Rising Star (sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers): Will Ruane at Saint-Gobain Glass
- Marketing Impact (sponsored by Friends of Glass): Encirc: Big 5 by The Armstrong Partnership
- Sustainable Practice (sponsored by Glass International): GreenVision Fund by Saint-Gobain Glass and Morley Glass & Glazing
- British Glass Company of the Year: Encirc