Demand for advanced flat glass in the US is expected to increase 9.1% annually, accounting for almost USD 7.0 billion, driven by a rebound in residential construction and automotive production, as well as increasing market penetration of low-E glass, heads-up display windshields, electro-chromic mirrors, smart glass and other products.
According to the most recent report from Taiyou Research, advanced flat glass demand in the US is expected to increase 9.1% annually, accounting for almost USD 7.0 billion, after facing a steep downfall during the recession. This increase will be driven by a rebound in residential construction and automotive production, while consumption will also benefit from increasing market penetration of low-E glass, heads-up display windshields, electro-chromic mirrors, smart glass and other products.
Safety and security glass accounted for almost 60% of demand in value terms in 2010, reflecting the widespread use of these products in motor vehicles (laminated windshields and tempered window glass) and in non-residential construction (laminated security glass and tempered fire-rated glass). Even if the automotive sector remains the largest single market for advanced glass products, more rapid gains will also be seen in architectural markets. Other advanced flat glass products include well-established products such as ultra-clear glass and glass used in furniture and appliance markets, as well as new products, such as self-cleaning glass and heads-up display windshields. In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Advanced Flat Glass Market in the US with a report covering the following:
• a statistical analysis of the US market for advanced flat glass;
• analysis of the demand for advanced flat glass segmented according to products. Segments analyzed include security and safety glass, solar control glass and other advanced flat glasses;
• industry trends, regulatory framework and the industry structure are analyzed, along with an analysis of the competitive materials to advanced flat glass;
• markets analyzed in this research report include the vehicle segment, architecture segment, and others;
• major players are analyzed in this report through a company overview, analysis of business segments, presence in the market, and a SWOT analysis.
Companies mentioned in the report include:
• Asahi Glass;
• Nippon Sheet Glass;
• PPG Industries;
• Guardian Industries;
• Apogee Enterprises; and
• Gentex Corporation.