Şişecam released a summary of its investments on new production capacity.
- Construction of a EUR 255 million glass packaging greenfield project in Hungary with two furnaces with 330,000 tonnes of annual production capacity to be fully operational by 2025.
- Growth plans in Turkiye which include:
- a fifth furnace investment for glass packaging in the Eskisehir plant to increase capacity by 155k tons per year;
- a new frosted glass furnace and energy glass processing plant in Mersin with a 400,000 tonnes annual production capacity, expected to reach full capacity by 2024-2025;
- a new flat glass furnace in Turkiye with a 200,000 tonnes annual production capacity dedicated to auto glass production;
- a new frosted glass furnace which will add 244,000 tons annual production capacity to the company’s flat glass line.
The incremental capacity of over 1.3 million tonnes per year will be fully operational between 2023 and 2025.
During 2023 the company also announced an investment in the mining field to ensure the raw material supply in its new flat glass and frosted glass investments in Mersin.