At Greenbuild 2012, Saint-Gobain and its North American subsidiaries had on show a complete range of building products, including scavenging materials, photovoltaic roofing technology, highly-sustainable countertops and hybrid insulation solutions.
Saint-Gobain and its well-known North American subsidiaries, including CertainTeed, Norton, SolarGard, ADFORS, Grenite, and Saint-Gobain Solar, showcased an array of building products at Greenbuild 2012. Innovative products — such as VOC-scavenging materials, photovoltaic roofing technology, highly-sustainable countertops and hybrid insulation solutions — were on display, along with information on high-profile installations.
In addition, a new carbon calculator developed by CertainTeed Building Scientist Lucas Hamilton and Sustainable Solutions Corporation of Royersford, Pa., made its debut at the show. The calculator tracks the carbon offset of the company’s energy-saving and energy-generating products that are installed in North American homes and buildings. Based on data from the US Environmental Protection Agency, the carbon reductions of installed Saint-Gobain products on an annual basis is equivalent to the carbon dioxide emissions produced by more than 300,000 passenger vehicles or the amount of electricity needed to power more than 189,000 homes.
“As the global leader in sustainable building solutions, Saint-Gobain is making significant contributions to the built environment in North America as demonstrated by our newly established carbon calculator,” said John Crowe, president and CEO of Saint-Gobain and CertainTeed. “The calculator provides valuable data on how our products ultimately protect and preserve the environment, offsetting over 3 billion pounds of CO2 each year.”
The Saint-Gobain exhibit included the following products, which are designed for use in residential and commercial applications:
* CertainTeed AirRenew® gypsum board and ADFORS Novelio® CleanAir wallcovering that contribute to healthy indoor air quality;
* CertainTeed Hybrid Insulation System, a cost-effective approach in maximizing occupant comfort and energy savings;
* Sound-absorbing materials, such as CertainTeed Ecophon® Solo™ high-density fiberglass ceiling panels, CertainTeed SilentFX™ gypsum board and Green Glue noiseproofing compound that maximize acoustical control in interior spaces; and,
* Grenite® Engineered Stone Countertops, which offer the highest post-consumer recycled content currently available in the market.
* Industry-leading solar products, including Saint-Gobain Solar’s AVANCIS PowerMax® photovoltaic modules and SolarGard® window film;
* Norton® Thermalbond® architectural foam spacers and tapes that enhance energy efficiency in curtain walls and window systems;
* Durable materials that protect homes and buildings during construction and beyond, such as CertainTeed CertaWrap™ weather resistive barrier and CertainTeed GlasRoc® exterior sheathing; as well as,
* CertainTeed WeatherBoards™ fiber cement siding and CertainTeed CedarBoards™ insulated siding that offer long-lasting performance and boost curb appeal.
Saint-Gobain’s family of companies also hosted exhibits for Saint-Gobain ADFORS and SageGlass as well as Saint-Gobain’s NOVA Innovation Competition.