Osram’s department of Compliance Legal now has a new head of its Compliance Legal Department – Flavio Bertoli. In this new role, Bertoli will supervise a team of dedicated lawyers in the various aspects concerning compliance, including regulatory developments, among others.
Flavio Bertoli has joined Osram Licht AG as head of the company’s Compliance Legal department.
Founded in 1919, Osram is a leading manufacturer of lighting solutions headquartered in Munich, Germany. Formerly a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens AG, Osram was spun-off in July 2013 and is listed at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. In the fiscal year of 2013, Osram achieved a turnover of EUR 5.3bn (USD 7.3bn) and employed 35,000 people worldwide.
As the head of Osram’s department of Compliance Legal, Bertoli supervises a team of dedicated lawyers tasked with:
• advising the company’s senior management and board of directors on all legal questions concerning compliance, including regulatory developments;
• drafting and implementing the company’s global compliance policies and rules, including Osram’s Code of Conduct with particular focus on the fields of anti-corruption, antitrust, money laundering, data privacy and export controls;
• devising prevention strategies, employee training and compliance controls;
• conducting internal investigations; and
• recommending disciplinary and remedial actions.
Prior to joining Osram, Flavio spent more than eight years on various assignments within the Compliance organization of Siemens AG; most recently he headed Siemens’ Compliance antitrust team.