The overall strength of glass containers may be reduced by the presence of surface flaws that concentrate applied stresses.
When a load is applied, e.g. during the injection with a pen injector, the critical defect could trigger the failure in the glass leading to the breakage of the whole component.
This can cause serious implications, both for pharmaceutical companies and for the patient.
Considering this fundamental perspective, Ompi has launched Nexa Cartridges, a full range of products that can offer a mechanical resistance up to 3x, minimizing initial glass flaws without modifying the glass type and the glass surface.
This innovative product configuration allows to:
- Reduce TCO
- Increase the yield of filling lines
- Lower failure issues in combination with pen devices
- Enhance Patient Safety
- Prevention of cracks throughout life-cycle
- Reduced field breakage
Another important feature of Nexa Cartridges is their easy adoption, with no need to submit a new registration of the pharmaceutical product since:
- They have the same original geometry to assure the compatibility with current pen devices
- There’s no modification to the glass surface and the glass type