Express Learning is back once again on the trade show floor of GlassBuild America: The Glass, Window and Door Expo. Since launching in 2014, these 20-minute educational sessions have been providing standing-room-only crowds with specific product- and business-related information they can use to build more profitable companies.
The 2019 line-up for these popular “TED Talks”-style educational sessions cover a wide range of valuable education and insights from labour and codes to forecasts, threats, and product trends.
All Express Learning presentations are free to attend with GlassBuild America trade show admission.
New this year is a live Edify Studios Podcast that will offer AIA Learning Units in the HSW category.
Seeing clearly through the disruption: keeping glass ahead of the curve
This live broadcast will feature Stephen Selkowitz of the Building Technology and Urban Systems Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and other special guests, being interview by hosts Brad Glauser and Brad Walker of Edify Studios. This session will address the disruptive changes that lie ahead that may impact the use of glass in buildings, particularly as the design and construction industries continue the push for next-level efficiency, sustainability and performance. It will also cover the potential instigators of the industry’s next disruptive change and what companies can do to best anticipate its impact on their businesses and product lines.
Among the other topics and speakers currently scheduled to appear at GlassBuild from September 17-19 in Atlanta, GA are:
- The labour dilemma: engage your front line to improve the bottom line. Presented by Mack and Ria Story, Top Story Leadership
- Protecting what matters most! Security glazing for schools – all your specification and install questions answered. Presented by Ben Baum, VP of security sales, Consolidated Glass Holdings and Bob Cummings, VP of architectural sales and marketing, Consolidated Glass Holdings
- Protect your company from inside threats: key takeaways for all business owners. Presented by Dustin Anderson, owner, Anderson Glass
- Finding good people is hard. Training them is not. Presented by Jenni Chase, director of content, education & training, National Glass Association
- The best and most interesting shower enclosures of 2019. Presented by Chris Phillips, Showcase Shower Door and Facebook’s Shower Door Professionals Group
- Technical & codes update.
Presented by Urmilla Sowell, director of technical services and advocacy, National Glass Association and Dr. Tom Culp, National Glass Association code consultant
- The importance of glass in biophilia design. Presented by Elizabeth Cotton, product manager, AGC Glass North America
- Annual economic forecast. Presented by Connor Lokar, program economist, ITR Economics
- Navigating the challenges of exit planning and succession. Presented by Katy Devlin, editor in chief, Glass Magazine
- After automation: next steps for fabricators. Presented by Joe Erb, commercial sales specialist – IG systems, Quanex
Schedule is subject to change. Visit http://glassbuildamerica.com/express-learning.html to stay abreast of the most up-to-date schedule.
In addition to Express Learning, GlassBuild America also features the 14th annual Glazing Executives Forum, the 5th annual Window & Door Dealer Day and 2nd annual Knowledge Bar. More than 450 exhibiting companies are expected to showcase their most innovative glass and fenestration products and services.
Registration information is available at glassbuildamerica.com/register.
GlassBuild America is the largest annual gathering place for the entire glass, window and door industries in the Americas. Presented by the National Glass Association along with association sponsors, the Window & Door Dealers Alliance (WDDA), the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and the Insulating Glass Manufacturers Alliance (IGMA), GlassBuild America is a comprehensive and united event connecting the industry to share common challenges and solutions.
Highlights include live Action Demos, free Express Learning 20-minute educational sessions, the 14th annual Glazing Executives Forum, and the 5th annual WDDA Window and Door Dealer Day. GlassBuild is supported by its official publications—Glass Magazine and Window & Door magazine.