The UK Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) has made a series of appointments to its boards. The GGF is the primary trade association for companies that make, supply or fit flat glass and related products, representing more than 60% of the industry’s turnover.
The Glass and Glazing Federation, the primary trade association for companies that make, supply or fit flat glass and related products, has announced the following appointments to the boards within the Group as part of its continuing strategy review implementation plan.
Phil Tweedie, Group Finance Director for Anglian Group, has been appointed Chairman of the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) Home Improvement Executive. The Glass and Glazing Federation represents more than 60% of the industry’s turnover. Tweedie will also sit on the Glass and Glazing Federation Board of Directors, thereby becoming a key member of the industry steering group.
The GGF Board is now made up of:
- Mark Warren, (Lister Trade Frames) GGF President
- Brian Baker, (Glassolutions) GGF Vice President
- John Agnew, (Independent Glass) Chairman of GGF Glazing Executive
- Phil Tweedie, (Anglian Group) Chairman of Home Improvement Executive
- Phil Brown (NSG/Pilkington) Immediate Past President
- Tony Smith (NSG/Pilkington) Representing Flat Glass Manufacturers Association
- Nigel Rees GGF Group Chief Executive
- Simon Flint, (Warmseal) Regional Representative.
Moreover, FENSA recently appointed Mike Sansom (MRICS), Head of Building Control at Brighton & Hove City Council as new Chairman of FENSA. Chris Mayne, FENSA Operations Director and Brian Smith, GGF Home Improvements Manager, will also sit on the FENSA board, which becomes:
- Mike Sansom (LABC) Chairman
- Mark Warren, (Lister Trade Frames)
- Nigel Rees, GGF Group Chief Executive
- Chris Mayne, FENSA Operations Director
- Chris Addison (British Woodworking Federation)
- Martin Althorpe (British Plastics Federation)
- Justin Ratcliffe (Council for Aluminium in Building)
- Phil Brown (NSG/Pilkington)
- Peter Johnson, (Steel Window Association)
- Brian Smith, GGF Home Improvement Manager.
Following the recent appointment of Giles Willson, GGF Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Technical Affairs as BFRC Chairman in June, Chris Mayne Operations Director of BFRC was elected as a Board Director of BFRC. In addition, Dr Gary Morgan was appointed as Technical Director of BFRC.
The BFRC Board is now as follows:
- Giles Willson – Chair (GGF)
- Chris Mayne, BFRC Operations Director
- Kevin Underwood (British Woodworking Federation) representing the BFRC Advisory Committee
- Stephen Forbes (Nichols & Clarke)
- Tony Smith (NSG/Pilkington)
- Dr Gary Morgan (Therm Consulting Ltd).