The newest smartphone glass is but one of many highlights at the event
Corning Incorporated announced it will exhibit technologies from its advanced glass portfolio at Touch Taiwan 2018 from August 29 to 31 at the Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Center in Taiwan.
At booth #M1334, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 will take center stage as Corning’s most durable cover glass to date. On average, in labs, Gorilla Glass 6 survived 15 consecutive 1 meter drops onto rough surfaces, and is up to two times better than Gorilla Glass 5.
To date, Gorilla Glass has been designed into more than 6 billion devices by more than 45 major brands.
“In addition to addressing drop height and drop frequency, Corning developed Gorilla Glass 6 to meet the requirements of modern designs that use glass on both the front and the back of the device,” said James Hollis, division vice president, sales and applications engineering, Corning Gorilla Glass, and commercial director, Gorilla Glass Parts, Specialty Materials. “We see a bright future with Gorilla Glass 6 and are sure that it will continue to be the cover glass of choice for mobile consumer electronics.”
During Touch Taiwan, James Hollis will deliver a keynote presentation at the Innovation and Application Panel on Wednesday, August 29.
“Corning is confident in providing high-quality support to Taiwanese and Asian customers for technology development, product testing, engineering, and manufacturing processes,” said Daniel Tseng, president, Corning Display Technologies Taiwan. Our advanced glass portfolio on display this year showcases the many ways we meet customer requirements.”
Additionally, Corning will highlight:
- Corning Gorilla Glass for Automotive Interiors – a tough, damage-resistant cover glass with outstanding touch sensitivity and optical clarity. It can be cold-formed into beautiful and complex shapes for seamlessly integrated automotive displays.
- Corning® EAGLE XG® Slim Glass substrates – enabling panel manufacturers to innovate for thinner, lighter, and more environmentally conscious display panels. EAGLE XG Glass delivers dimensional stability and exceptionally clean, smooth, flat surfaces with no added heavy metals.
- Corning Lotus(TM) NXT Glass – enhancing the design and manufacture of high-performance displays, and optimized for the expanding LTPS-LCD and LTPS-OLED segments. Featuring superior key attributes for flexible OLED panel manufacturing, Lotus NXT Glass leads that segment, having enabled more than 250 million flexible OLED phones since 2015.
- Corning Iris(TM) Glass – a glass light-guide plate for edge-lit LCD TVs and monitors. Due to its intrinsic rigidity and dimensional stability, it outperforms the incumbent technology – plastic – and allows manufacturers to reduce set thickness, increase set brightness, and design sets with slimmer bezels.
- Corning Precision Glass Solutions – offering high-precision wafer- and panel-format glass-based solutions, enabling faster processing speeds, smaller form factors, and enhanced optical performance in a variety of applications across microelectonics, including 3D sensing components, augmented reality devices, and radio frequency (RF) filters.
- Corning Laser Technologies – offering laser glass-processing systems with the ability to cut Corning Gorilla Glass, Lotus NXT Glass, and EAGLE XG Glass, as well as other chemically strengthened and non-strengthened glass types including soda-lime and other brittle materials. Adapting to customer design requirements, Laser Technologies enables high-volume production of touchscreen displays for smart phones, tablet PCs, and other consumer products.