Organized by British Glass and delivered by experts from Glass Technology Services Ltd, this online course covers essential topics from manufacture, processing and basic chemistry to properties, defects and failures, recycling and quality.
The accessible format and small groups size makes this an ideal introduction for anyone working in glass or otherwise dealing with glass products or issues.
Who is it for?
Anyone whose business involves glass will benefit from an improved understanding of this fascinating material. Prime candidates include:
- new starters to the glass industry
- packers and fillers of food, drink, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products
- glass re-processors
- waste collectors.
What will be covered?
- What is glass?
- A brief history of glass manufacturing
- Glass properties
- Composition and melting of glass
- Colouring and decoration of glass
- Annealed and toughened, or tempered glass
- Forming, pouring and casting of glass
- Sustainability and recyclability
- Glass strength, handling, defects and failure.
When is it?
Session one 13.30-16.00 22 September 2021
Session two 13.30-16.00 29 September 2021
Where will it be held?
This course will be hosted on Zoom.
What does it cost?
British Glass members – 195 GBP
Non-members – 245 GBP
(All prices are per person excluding VAT)
How to book?
Email email@example.com to make a booking.