As most of the glassmakers know, gob forming and its delivery of glass into the blank mould is one of the most critical part of the process, especially with advanced forming processes. With a focus on this last path of the gob, BDF Industries has applied in-depth dynamic analysis of the gob delivery by using Visual Nastran modelling of well-known Easy Alignment System (EAS), which already introduced significant advantages compared to the older traditional system. The EAS has been dynamically tested by Visual Nastran modelling to analyse the effects of gravity and acceleration.
From these studies BDF has been able to develop important innovations that improve the BDF Constant Angle Delivery System with a trough and deflector support design with spider support for a correct trough /deflector alignment during the delivery adjustment.
Constant Angle Delivery System benefits
- Constant alignment between trough and deflector during the deflector adjustment
- Precise vertical alignment of the deflector centerline with the blank mold holder
- Better gob delivery between trough and deflector
- Uniform and constant gob loading for all sections
- Less impact force between the gob and the deflectors