Whirlpool taking full ownership of Vitromatic

Vitro, a Mexican industrial conglomerate, will sell its 51% stake in Vitromatic-a maker of white goods such as stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers-to US Whirlpool, which owns the other 49%. Vitr…

Vitro, a Mexican industrial conglomerate, will sell its 51% stake in Vitromatic-a maker of white goods such as stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers-to US Whirlpool, which owns the other 49%. Vitro will use proceeds from the sale to focus on its main (glass-related) business and improve its finances.