Event hosted at the Greater Columbus Convention Center
Taking place November 5 through 8, 2018 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the 79th Conference on Glass Problems (GPC) is the largest glass manufacturing conference in North America, attracting glass manufacturers and suppliers worldwide to exchange innovations and solutions. The 2017 event was the largest in its history.
The Glass Manufacturing Industry Council (GMIC), in partnership with Alfred University, co-organize the conference. The GPC is devoted to the technical issues facing professionals responsible for the successful operations of glass manufacturing companies and features two full days of invited and contributed talks.
Broad topics of interest are:
– Furnace design and reconstruction
– Physics and chemistry of the melting process
– Thermodynamics and reaction kinetics of oxide systems relevant to industrial glass melting
– Modeling of glass melting and processing
– Combustion and heat transfer
– Raw materials: engineered, minerals, and chemicals, batching and recycling
– Energy efficiency and management
– Environmental impact of glass
– Advanced process controls and sensors
– New topics (relevant to glass manufacturing)
To register for the conference, visit https://glassproblemsconference.org/register2018/
To see a full schedule of events, visit https://glassproblemsconference.org/79th-conference-on-glass-problems-schedule-of-events/