Filtraglass
Banner

Iran and Syria to set up glass manufacturing joint venture

The setting up of a joint Syrian-Iranian company to manufacture glass was approved at a meeting of Syria“s Supreme Investment Council on 17 March 2003.
The Syrian Government will hold 30% of the com…

The setting up of a joint Syrian-Iranian company to manufacture glass was approved at a meeting of Syria“s Supreme Investment Council on 17 March 2003. The Syrian Government will hold 30% of the company through the General Establishment for Chemical Industries, while Iran“s Kao Group (as given by the source) will hold the remaining 70%. The company, which will be based in Homs, northwestern Syria, will operate under Law number 10, which exempts joint ventures from tax for the first seven years. The company“s output will be used to fulfill local demand with the remainder going for export.

Sign up for free to the glassOnline.com daily newsletter

Subscribe now to our daily newsletter for full coverage of everything you need to know about the world glass industry!

We don't send spam! Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Share this article
Related news